The Niagara Region is home to four of our Hometown Life Insurance offices. We are proud to call Niagara home and serve our great neighbours in the local communities. Niagara stretches from the northern shores of Lake Erie, to the southern shores of Lake Ontario, and boasts numerous sandy beaches, green spaces, open fields, and plenty of shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Niagara is world renowned for being the home to the Niagara Falls, and also well-known as one of the premier grape-growing and winemaking regions in Canada. With countless wineries and plenty of activities to keep you busy, the Niagara Region is not only the link between the Greater Toronto Area and Western New York, but an exceptional place to live, work and play. Hometown takes pride in being based in Niagara and providing exceptional service and a modern insurance experience to our friends, family, and neighbours across the region!
- The Niagara Region sprawls from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie along the Niagara River – the borderline between Canada and the United States.
- The population of Niagara is nearly 500,000 and includes the 12 towns of Fort Erie, Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham, Port Colborne, St. Catharines, Thorold, Wainfleet, Welland and West Lincoln.
- Niagara offers so many great entertainment options for locals and visitors including:
- Art Galleries, Live Music, Museums & Theatres – scattered throughout the region you will find numerous attractions to excite each one of your senses.
- Beaches – several beaches in the various waterfront towns across the region to spend the day soaking up the sun and enjoying the water.
- Casinos & Gaming – you will also be able to responsibly enjoy the two casinos and racetracks in Niagara.
- Cycling, Walking & Hiking– throughout the Niagara region, you will find several paved and natural paths for your outdoor activities during all seasons.
- Family Fun – countless unique attractions for families of all ages. Whether you spend a day or spend a week, there is plenty to keep you entertained, all within a short drive!
- Festivals & Markets– many of the cities throughout the region are known for their annual festivals and markets from paying tribute to our heritage to embracing our local resources, you won’t want to miss out!
- Golf – Niagara is home to a rich selection of golf courses that use the natural flow of the land, and the surrounding water to challenge and excite golfers of all skill levels.
- History & Heritage – steeped in rich history from its founding days to the many reminders and references to the War of 1812 due to its proximity to the USA, the biggest history buff will find historical tributes and remnants throughout the Niagara Region.
- Restaurants – whatever you are craving, you will find it in Niagara. Inspired foods from all around the world complete with fresh, local ingredients in settings that pay tribute to the natural beauty of the Niagara Region and its many unique sights and sounds.
- Shopping & Spas – indoor and outdoor shopping experiences with many shopping centres, malls and outdoor displays. Find your way to one of the many spas available across the Niagara Region for some rest & relaxation.
- Sports – no matter what season, you can find sporting opportunities to thrill and excite you. Fishing, watersports, racket sports, racing, courts, arenas and fields. There is no shortage of places to go to entertain yourself whether you are a player or spectator, so check it out for yourself!
- Tours – from sea to sky to land, there are many different tours throughout Niagara that will satisfy your sense of adventure – an experience you won’t soon forget!
- Wine – countless wineries, festivals, tours and experiences across the entire Niagara Wine Region during all seasons of the year, in fact, Niagara is one of the most famous Icewine regions in the world!